Monday, August 26, 2013

Realization

At the risk of sounding morbid I have to say this...I am slowly coming to the realization that my children will grow up and leave us.  I know this is what is suppose to happen, but that doesn't make it any easier!  Right now we are in a "sweet spot" of our lives.  My kids are generally helpful, kind and considerate.  I don't have to wipe any more bottoms, they can shower by themselves, brush their own teeth, make their beds, get their own night-time water, heck, they could even feed themselves if necessary.  Thankfully, though they still need and want me, but for how much longer?  My children are literally growing up right before my eyes.  Seriously, clothes we bought for them a month ago have already been outgrown.  Thankfully, I have two healthy children, but darn it, why do they have to be the tallest in their classes?  

Right now, my girl still wants me to cuddle her, love on her and treat her like my baby.  But for how much longer?  Recently, I photographed a birth and was disheartened by the relationship I witnessed between the mother and her mother (the new Grandmother).  Wasn't there a time when those two were inseparable?  Now, they were so formal with each other - so distant.   I don't want this to be me & my Lou!  I pray that we always have a close and strong bond, that she'll always want me around.   I pray that my son will always want us to participate in his life, that he'll continue to come to us for advice and to share his good news and ideas.

It's really hard for me right now, my kids getting older, their father & I are getting older.  Is this a mid-life crisis?  






No comments: